This album, Hard Rain – A Tribute to Bob Dylan – Vol.1, has some great covers.
Check out Bill Kirchen’s amazing “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues” for example.
Uncut magazine released it May, 2002.
Check it out.
01. 0:00:00 The Waterboys – Girl From The North Country
02. 0:04:16 Bill Kirchen – Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues
03. 0:09:48 Johnny Marr – Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
04. 0;14:10 Howard Devoto / Luxuria – She’s Your Lover Now
05. 0:17:41 Thea Gilmore – I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine
06. 0:22:08 The Band – When I Paint My Masterpiece
07. 0:26:05 The Hollies – The Times They Are A-Changin’
08. 0:29:18 Robert Palmer – I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight
09. 0:32:37 Cat Power – Paths Of Victory
10. 0:35:52 Thurston, Kim And Epic – Sitting On A Barbed Wire Fence
11. 0:39:36 Mary Lou Lord – You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
12. 0:43:08 Manfred Mann – With God On Our Side
13. 0:47:30 Cassandra Wilson – Shelter From The Storm
14. 0:52:36 The Nice – She Belongs To Me
15. 1:04:19 Paul Weller – I Shall Be Released
-– A Days of the Crazy-Wild blog post: sounds, visuals and/or news –
Forty years ago, on January 9, 1974, Bob Dylan and The Band began the first of a two-night run at the Maple Leaf Gardens in
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The 1974 tour had begun just six days earlier at Chicago Stadium in Chicago, Illinois. The first Toronto show was Dylan’s fifth performance of the tour.
It was, of course, Dylan’s first tour with The Band since they had stormed through Europe together, dismaying many fans with some of the most exciting rock ‘n’ roll ever played on this planet.
Here’s a recording of “As I Went Out One Morning,” from the second night at the Maple Leaf Gardens.
It’s from a bootleg of the show, As I Went Out One Evening.
According to www.bjorner.com this is the only time Bob Dylan has ever performed “As I Went Out One Morning” live. (I’ve included the setlist for the January 9, 1974 show below the video clips.)
Plus here are some covers of “As I Went Out One Morning”:
January 9, 1974 setlist:
Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35
Lay Lady Lay
Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues
It Ain’t Me, Babe
It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
Ballad Of A Thin Man
These next were performed by The Band sans Dylan.
Stage Fright (Robbie Robertson)
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (Robbie Robertson)
King Harvest (Has Surely Come) (Robbie Robertson)
Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever (Don Hunter – Stevie Wonder)
I Shall Be Released
Up On Cripple Creek (Robbie Robertson)
Dylan returns to the stage:
7. All Along The Watchtower
8. Ballad Of Hollis Brown
9. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
10. Just Like A Woman
11. Girl From The North Country
12. Wedding Song
13. Nobody ‘Cept You
14. It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
The Band again:
Rag Mama Rag (Robbie Robertson)
When You Awake (Richard Manuel – Robbie Robertson)
The Shape I’m In (Robbie Robertson)
The Weight (Robbie Robertson)
15. Forever Young
16. Something There Is About You
17. Like A Rolling Stone
18. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine)
-– A Days of the Crazy-Wild blog post: sounds, visuals and/or news –-