This album, Hard Rain – A Tribute to Bob Dylan – Vol.1, has some great covers.
Check out Bill Kirchen’s amazing “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues” for example.
Uncut magazine released it May, 2002.
Check it out.
01. 0:00:00 The Waterboys – Girl From The North Country
02. 0:04:16 Bill Kirchen – Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues
03. 0:09:48 Johnny Marr – Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
04. 0;14:10 Howard Devoto / Luxuria – She’s Your Lover Now
05. 0:17:41 Thea Gilmore – I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine
06. 0:22:08 The Band – When I Paint My Masterpiece
07. 0:26:05 The Hollies – The Times They Are A-Changin’
08. 0:29:18 Robert Palmer – I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight
09. 0:32:37 Cat Power – Paths Of Victory
10. 0:35:52 Thurston, Kim And Epic – Sitting On A Barbed Wire Fence
11. 0:39:36 Mary Lou Lord – You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
12. 0:43:08 Manfred Mann – With God On Our Side
13. 0:47:30 Cassandra Wilson – Shelter From The Storm
14. 0:52:36 The Nice – She Belongs To Me
15. 1:04:19 Paul Weller – I Shall Be Released
-– A Days of the Crazy-Wild blog post: sounds, visuals and/or news –
Last night at Webster Hall in New York Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke, once of the Smith’s, had a bit of a reunion performing “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want,” which Marr and his band played on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” Friday night.
Johnny Marr says he’s got his own publishing deal for an autobiography, Brooklyn Vegan reports. In an interview with the music blog Marr said:
There is gonna be one, yeah. I’ve had so many offers and so many people advising me that my story is worth it, but I understand it’s something that I have to do. I’ll do it in the next couple of years. I’m into from the stance that I want it to be so thorough that I don’t make a record or tour whilst I was doing it. It is gonna happen, and I’ve already made an agreement with a publisher for it, so I will get it done.
Meanwhile, Putnam Books will publish Morrissey’s Autobiography in the US in a hardback edition on December 3, 2013. The book, published in October of this year in the UK, is a major hit, selling 35,000 copies during it’s first week and topping Amazon’s UK bestsellers chart.