This is a weird one. Mojo magazine asked its readers to vote for the 20 best albums released during the magazine’s existence. Crazy, right. I’d call that narcissistic, egomaniacal, or just plain ridiculous. I like Mojo. I read the magazine most months. But come on. Why would anyone use the lifetime of a magazine as the context for a best-of list?
Anyway, if you care, here are the winners:
1) The White Stripes, Elephant
2) Arcade Fire, Funeral
3) Bob Dylan, Time Out Of Mind
4) Radiohead, OK Computer
5) The Strokes, Is This It
6) The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin
7) Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes
8) Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
9) DJ Shadow, Endtroducing…..
10) Arctic Monkeys, Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
11) Beck, Odelay
12) Jeff Buckley, Grace
13) Mercury Rev, Deserter’s Songs
14) Radiohead, In Rainbows
15) PJ harvey, Let England Shake
16) Oasis, (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?
17) Portishead, Dummy
18) Pulp, Different Class
19) Nirvana, In Utero
20) The Libertines, Up The Bracket
Check out the Mojo Blog